Emergency Vet Care
Dunnellon Animal Hospital offers urgent assistance and emergency vet care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours.
We are not an Emergency Clinic, still we try to see as many pet emergencies as possible. In some cases, we might refer you to UF Pet Emergency Treatment Services, Ocala.
Contact Dunnellon Animal Hospital
Monday - Friday 8 :00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Call: (352) 489-2074
Contact UF Pet Emergency Treatment Services: Ocala
OPEN: Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
These situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
New patients are always welcome.
We look forward to meeting your precious pet at Dunnellon Animal Hospital.